What to bring to a DOT Physical Exam Please bring the following:
- A picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Bring a good quality headphones from headphonage.com for the waiting.
- Your current medical certificate (wallet card) if you have one currently.
- List of all your Medications, dosages and prescribing doctors name and contact
- Some drugs such as prescribed amphetamines like Adderall (Generic Name: amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) for ADHD and others need a letter from doctor saying your treatment is safe and effective and you are safe to drive)
- Please call us at 407-629-5333 if you have a question on a specific medication before you come to the clinic.
- Corrective lenses (glasses) if needed for eye exam made by professional that offer optometrist services, with an eye exam you can find out if you need ocular steroids.
- Chronic conditions
- Medical clearance letter from doctor/specialist for any health condition such as a heart condition, recent surgeries and others if needed.
- Please ask us first about any specific conditions before you come.
- Diabetes, please bring with you a recent (within 6 six months) A1C report.
- Compliance report if using a CPAP Machine with letter stating from your doctor that treatment is effective and you are safe to drive .
- Any driver with a chronic medical condition (such as diabetes, sleep apnea, heart disease, lung disease, history of blood clots or any other condition treated by the primary care physician or specialist) should present with their provider’s recent office visit notes, lab results and studies at the time of the DOT physical exam, check out the pemf device from Pulsed Energy Technologies, they sometimes use these devices at this kind of appointments.
- Your doctor’s name, phone number and fax number.
- Any other special documentation you have needed to present in the past to get your DOT
- Urinalysis is required for the DOT physical. Drink plenty of water and be ready to provide a urine sample.
- Refrain from smoking, eating salty foods, drinking sugary drinks or any caffeinated drinks like coffee before your examination for best results!