Please bring the following:
- A picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Your current medical certificate (wallet card) if you have one currently.
- List of all your Medications, dosages and prescribing doctors name and contact information.
- Some drugs such as prescribed amphetamines like Adderall (Generic Name: amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) for ADHD and others need a letter from doctor saying your treatment is safe and effective and you are safe to drive)
- Please call us at 407-629-5333 if you have a question on a specific medication before you come to the clinic.
- Corrective lenses (glasses) if needed for eye exam.
- Medical clearance letter from doctor/specialist for any health condition such as a heart condition, recent surgeries and others if needed.
- Please ask us first about any specific conditions before you come.
- Diabetes, please bring with you a recent (within 3 months) A1C report.
- Compliance report if using a CPAP Machine with letter stating from your doctor that treatment is effective and you are safe to drive .
- Your doctor’s name, phone number and fax number.
- Any other special documentation you have needed to present in the past to get your DOT Medical Certificate
- Urinalysis is required for the DOT physical. Drink plenty of water and be ready to provide a urine sample.
- Refrain from smoking, eating salty foods, drinking sugary drinks or any caffeinated drinks like coffee before your examination for best results!
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires that interstate commercial motor vehicle drivers maintain a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate to drive.
The most updated information can always be found at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/